Operations Manager Brooklyn, New York, United States
Who We Are
Belle Bar Organic is hiring for an all-star Operations Manager! Looking for a highly motivated person to join our team working directly under the Co-Owner and COO of a fast growing start up hair care company. We are The first beauty brand to combine the power of green beauty, natural haircare, and e-learning. Our mission is to become the number one resource for women of color as they go through their natural hair growth journey. Co-founded and led by females and women of color- we’ve always had to deal with whatever we were given and we want our customers to have the type experience they deserve, where they feel valued and properly represented.
- Are fiercely determined and can problem solve unexpected issues- heck you thrive on it!
- You have an internal drive with strong organizational and prioritization skills so you can exceed expectations
- Are results driven
- Have aided in scaling small businesses
- Are known for your low turnover rate
- Can create documented and streamlined processes for pre-screening, interview, hiring, on-boarding and post-hire check ins
- Familiar with assigning projects as a step in the interview process
- Able to recruit for both digital and IRL spaces
- You appreciate holistic and green beauty culture and are passionate about being of service to our inclusive community
The Role Logistics
We are looking for an Operations Manager.
The Manager will oversee all daily manufacturing and logistics operations to ensure standard operating procedures are followed and outputs are produced efficiently, on time, within budget and to quality standards.The operation is primarily the in and out flow of raw materials, finished goods, and order fulfillment. This position requires a candidate with the proven ability to drive process improvements and the ability to keep pace with company growth while motivating others to meet the challenges of an extremely deadline-driven environment.
Essential functions include
- Ensure adherence to site health and safety procedures
- Manage human and material resources to meet production and fulfillment targets
- Make decisions about equipment use, maintenance, modification and procurement
- Manage inventory as well as warehouse, transportation, and other logistics processes
- Perform metrics reporting and data analysis tasks to identify issues and opportunities for process improvements, including budgets, forecasts, and results
- Project manage day-to-day overall operations
- Provide daily, weekly, monthly reports for management team
- Investigates and analyzes operational problems and bottlenecks concerning throughput and quality.
- Provide technical guidance and Quality support to our supply partners, from raw material suppliers to third party manufacturing partners – Includes supporting New Product Development, non-conformance investigations, continuous improvement initiatives, etc.
- Create, maintain, and continuously improve Quality and Operational documentation in an Organic Compliant facility, including development and management of – Policies, SOPs, Certificate of Analysis (COA’s), Specifications, Forms, ensure product traceability, including lot coding and product recall programs etc
- Controls inventory levels by conducting bi-annual physical counts; reconciling with data storage systems.
- Maintains warehouse staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting. This includes, training plans, developmental assignments, succession plans and other activities that encourage the professional growth, continual improvement, efficiency and innovation by employees.
- Oversees Routine daily meetings to help align employees on efficient and safe operation and serves as decision-maker for customer and efficiency issues.
- Treats people with integrity and respect, and develops an environment of empowerment and commitment.
- Passion for working in a values-based, mission driven, high-growth startup (Required)
- Proficiency in manufacturing processes, quality assurance, systems, calibrations, performing audits and testing.
- Strong abilities in using Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Logistics: 3 years (Preferred) or relevant experience
- Operations Management: 3 years (Preferred) or relevant experience
- Production Management: 3 years (Preferred) or relevant experience
- Bachelor's degree in statistics, operations management, business management (preferred) or related experience
- Experience supervising, coaching and developing Department Supervisors
- Self-motivated, solutions driven and action-oriented
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills bringing positivity & professionalism to all interactions
- Must be a strategic thinker, planner, able to drive continuous improvement and achieve results.
- Firm understanding of KPI’s and delivering results.
- Ability to work under pressure with confidence and clarity to meet aggressive deadlines while managing business constraints
Must be capable of working in a manufacturing setting that may include loud equipment/machinery, vibration, dust, and exposure to heat from equipment. While in the manufacturing facility, personal protective equipment, such as eye/hearing protection, dust mask/respirator, hairnets, gloves, aprons, and non-slip footwear, will be required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position type/Hours of Work
Normal hours of work are Monday through Friday, 6:45 a.m. to 5:45 p.m. – including break time. Regular work week constitutes 40 hours, however, work hours may vary based upon plant location and project requirements, including weekends and holidays.
This position is exempt, and not subject to state and federal minimum wage or overtime laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Why it’s Awesome To Join Our Team
- You’ll work with extraordinary people. If you like working with passionate, communicative, talented, accountable, creative, generous, and ambitious people, that's us.
- We care about empowerment and inclusion and we’re changing the beauty industry for the better. If that's appealing- and you care too- you'll be able to have a direct meaningful impact.
It's likely you will either fall in love and thrive. We have a high bar for quality and results. If you are dedicated to excellence and efficiency, you'll succeed here fast.
Contact: Contact: Careers@BelleBarOrganic.com
What About A 10% Discount Off
Your Next Purchase?
Subscribe for Belle Bar newsletters and get 10% off for your next purchase.
Don’t miss the information about discounts, sales, and new products.
30 Day No Questions
Asked Return Policy
Over 1000+ 5 Star
Free Shipping Over $85
Exclusive SMS & E-mail Deals