Production and Fulfillment Associates Brooklyn, New York, United States
Who We Are
Belle Bar Organic is hiring for all-star Production and Fulfillment Associates for a fast growing start up hair care company. We are The first beauty brand to combine the power of green beauty, natural haircare, and e-learning. Our mission is to become the number one resource for women of color as they go through their natural hair growth journey. Co-founded and led by females and women of color- we’ve always had to deal with whatever we were given and we want our customers to have the type experience they deserve, where they feel valued and properly represented. We're looking for a few special individuals to join our team as we’re growing fast and need to expand in order to keep up with and optimize our success.
- Feel an insatiable desire to excel, achieve outcomes, and exceed goals…
- Find satisfaction in assembly line style of work....
- Are fiercely determined and can problem solve unexpected issues- heck you thrive on it!
- You have previous experience with production and fulfillment technology, machinery, and software; or are quick to pick up on new tech tools. (We can provide training as long as you are somewhat tech savvy, learn quickly, take the initiative to study about our products and procedures.)
- You excel balancing being thorough and efficient especially when tasks are repetitive yet require consistent attention to detail
- You have an internal drive with strong organizational and prioritization skills so you can exceed expectations with limited supervision
- Are thought of as being “anal retentive”
- You feel purposeful checking off routines and seek to continually develop greater mastery of your core tasks
- You have have exceptional taste and take pride in the details, no matter how small or seemingly insignificant, you believe it's the little things that make a difference
- Thrive in executing on procedures and following detail-oriented instructions to a T…. Random bullet point, interested to see if you're paying attention: Put the secret code “I have found my people” in the 2nd to last application question
- You appreciate holistic and green beauty culture and are passionate about being of service to our inclusive community
The Role Logistics
In the Production and Fulfillment Associates roles, you will be responsible for manually filling products into jars, packaging items of orders, and overall maintaining our high standards of quality while hitting the goal numbers.
Available to people authorized to work within the United States, with the potential for increased hours, W2 employment, leadership promotions, and other incentives based on performance and results.
Essential functions include
- Follow protocol and procedures when using machinery and equipment
- Mass Packing, Line Work, Picking, Sorting, Labeling, packaging, stacking.
- Ability to read and follow instructions for small batch recipes
- This person is on their feet 80% of the day working in a fast paced environment.
- Perform Stock Associate duties
- Responsible for taking customer orders, picking/retrieving the items, packaging and then shipping the items to customers in a timely manner
- Select, scan, box, and ship merchandise to the customer
- Strong attention to detail to ensure merchandise arrives in perfect condition and is the correct size, type, etc. as per the customer request
- Assist with backroom organization by removing and replacing product, fixtures, and other equipment in a safe and organized manner
Production & Fulfillment
- Adhere to all quality and safety protocols
- Problem solve basic technology issues with the computer, printer and machines
- Determine when to escalate to supervisors for assistance
- Be accountable for hitting department KPIs
- Must have excellent hand/eye coordination and be able to lift 35 lbs up and down the stairs
- Loading/unloading delivery trucks
- Usually reports to a line supervisor or manager.
- Position can possibly lead to a Management role
Must be capable of working in a manufacturing setting that may include loud equipment/machinery, vibration, dust, and exposure to heat from equipment. While in the manufacturing facility, personal protective equipment, such as eye/hearing protection, dust mask/respirator, hairnets, gloves, aprons, and non-slip footwear, will be required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Why it’s Awesome To Join Our Team
- You’ll work with extraordinary people. If you like working with passionate, communicative, talented, accountable, creative, generous, and ambitious people, that's us.
- We care about empowerment and inclusion and we’re changing the beauty industry for the better. If that's appealing- and you care too- you'll be able to have a direct meaningful impact.
- It's likely you will either fall in love and thrive. We have a high bar for quality and results. If you are dedicated to excellence and efficiency, you'll succeed here fast.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
Part time and Floater positions available
Must have weekday availability between 7:00am - 5:00pm Monday through Friday.
$17 per hour
What About A 10% Discount Off
Your Next Purchase?
Subscribe for Belle Bar newsletters and get 10% off for your next purchase.
Don’t miss the information about discounts, sales, and new products.
30 Day No Questions
Asked Return Policy
Over 1000+ 5 Star
Free Shipping Over $85
Exclusive SMS & E-mail Deals