By Alexa Santory
There are very few products that have the versatility and straight up power comparable to apple cider vinegar. This miracle elixir is packed with vitamins, amino acids, and enzymes that keep your skin, hair, and body in tip top shape, especially in these upcoming colder months! Here are our top 5 reasons for why apple cider vinegar is an absolute must-have for fall!
- Feeling a little weighed down by all that holiday food? Use apple cider vinegar to get your gut back on track! Since it comes from fermented apple juice, ACV contains gut-friendly probiotics, which will help balance the gut and promote the growth of good, healthy bacteria. Raw, unpasteurized ACV has higher probiotic properties, since it hasn’t been processed, but if you’re new to the whole gut balancing game, filtered ACV could still deliver some great benefits! If you’re using raw ACV, dilute 1 or 2 tablespoons in 1 ounce of water a few times a week. If you’re using filtered ACV, drink 1 tablespoon per day!
- Cold months means dry skin which means *gasp* dry scalp! Dandruff is a big no-no year round, so get your dandruff under control using ACV. It has some pretty great skin balancing properties, and it’s also antifungal and antibacterial, so you don’t have to worry about an itchy scalp either! Mix equal parts water and apple cider vinegar in a spray bottle and spritz it onto clean, wet hair. Rinse it out after 15 minutes and say goodbye forever to a flaky scalp!
- Say goodbye to acne, too! ACV has been celebrated as one of the definitive acne treatments. Most over-the-counter acne treatments use harsh chemicals and acids to get rid of breakouts, leading to super dry skin. ACV has an acidity of 2.9 to 3.3, so it’s pretty acidic, but when you apply it to your skin, it helps to balance out the pH and fight acne without over-drying! Dilute 1 tablespoon of ACV in 2 cups water and use it as a spot treatment!
- The dull winter months can seriously make your hair look lifeless. And since the air is so dry, you have to use so much more product! Get some intense shine using ACV! Think of it as nature’s clarifying shampoo, apple cider vinegar gets rid of gunk and product buildup that’s making your hair look lifeless, while also leaving behind a ton of sheen. Do an apple cider vinegar rinse after shampooing at least once a month for the best results!
- If oily skin is something your struggle with year round, look no further! Use apple cider vinegar to balance oily skin without over-drying. ACV has astringent properties, so it’ll work to pull out dirt and oil, while still leaving the skin soft and balanced. It also won’t over dry, that way your skin won’t overproduce sebum! Try using some diluted ACV on a cotton pad as a toner after cleansing and you’ll notice an immediate difference!
The Streets Are Talking