By Alexa Santory
This week we talked about detoxing and how it can be used to clean out our bodies and lives. Let’s go over some key points to carry with you when considering a detox for any part of your life.
- We are exposed to a lot of toxins on a daily basis. If you’re feeling sluggish or low on energy, take the time to check in with your body and identify what it needs and figure out which ones can work best for you.
- Detoxing your mind is an extremely important part of self care. Doing daily mental health check-ins can put us in a better place of understanding how our day-to-day affects our minds. Practicing mindful meditation can put us in a much clearer and more positive state of mind.
- When it comes to the body, detoxing can be as simple as having a glass of water in the morning or as extreme as going on a full detox diet. A good place to start, if anywhere, is by drinking more water. By being more mindful about your water intake, you’ll start to feel more energized in no time. Adding lemons can give you those extra alkalizing properties your insides and outsides want. Still, buying a house plant, taking a walk outside, burning some sage -- keeping your environment free of toxins and toxic energy can do amazing things for your mind and body.
- You don't have to keep letting toxic relationships and attachments suck the life out of you. Life is too short to cling to people and things that don't benefit your growth or your journey in this life! Learn to recognize the signs of a toxic person. It may not be obvious at first, but once those traits come to light, take the proper steps to fix the problem. Be strong, you got this!
- Clutter in our space can build to an almost scary amount over time if we don't take the time to really sort through our stuff and figure out what we just don't need anymore. The KonMari Method teaches us to be grateful for all of our things; the things we keep and the things we throw away. Through this, we become more mindful of what we keep in our spaces and our lives.
The beauty of detoxing is that it has so many iterations with one common outcome: you’ll feel happier more like yourself than ever before. What are your favorite ways to detox?
The Streets Are Talking
While you're at it, why not detox your hair, too? Rhassoul clay is great at gently removing impurities from the hair. Here's how to use it.
"This product is amazing! I used it as a deep conditioner. Made my hair soft, moisturized, strong, & most of all my hair was clarified. I was amazed at the amount of dirt that came out of my hair. Afterwards, my hair easily absorbed all the moisture I put into it. Definitely, will be a staple in my hair care regimen."