I’ve only started to wear my hair in its wavy state for about 2 years now. For 10 years, I’ve been straightening my hair which lead to extreme breakage, heat damage and dryness. Restoring hair strength and enhancing hair growth isn’t easy but I find that Belle Bar’s CUSTOMIZED REGENERATING RICE HAIR MASK does the job!
Rice is the star ingredient in this mask. For centuries, rice water has been a staple in various cultures to encourage incredible hair growth. Notably, the Yao women of China use it to grow their hair to extreme lengths, and it's amazing!
Rice has many amino acids and other nutrients, like vitamins B and C, that work to decrease shedding, help the hair regenerate and grow faster and healthier, and reduce split ends. It's perfect for damaged hair. When it comes to customizing a Belle Bar hair mask, the process is a bit different than customizing a tea; the teas start completely bare, whereas the hair masks already have base ingredients, and all you have to do is choose the last three ingredients to finish off the mask! Here's the base for the Regenerating Rice Mask:
WHAT I Added
Amla - strengthens hair
Apple Cider Vinegar - prevents split ends
Green Tea - boosts hair growth
How I picked my ingredients
Through the process of making this hair mask, I had to choose ingredients that cater to my hair’s needs along with its current condition. I knew that my hair is still recovering from heat damage as well as extreme breakage so I wanted to pick ingredients that could strengthen and repair. With rice flour as a base, the mask can already provide the elasticity, moisture and healing that my hair needs! It is currently still very dry and brittle from all the years of straightening it and it took me a while go natural again. I figured I would need ingredients that can restore hair strength (Amla) and boost hair growth at the same time (Green Tea). Having rather thin hair, it is also very difficult to style with all the split ends! That is why I chose Apple Cider Vinegar as another mix-in to rid off the splits and frizz! I admit that getting split ends is actually inevitable but having ill-treated, damaged hair doesn’t have to be. If anything it means that I had to start loving my natural hair and nursing it back to health.
HOW TO MAKE IT & APPLICATION
- Mix 2 teaspoons of hair mask powder with 1 teaspoon of water in a bowl to soften the lumps of the powder.
- I add 2-3 teaspoons of my hair conditioner.
- Stir mixture until it has a smooth consistency!
- Before application, I make sure to wash or thoroughly rinse my hair.
- Next, I apply the mixture liberally to my hair. It helps to section it into several parts so that I cover all areas of the head. Use a generous amount for each section!
- Then, I cover my head with a shower cap and chill for about 1 hour.
- Afterwards, I wash my hair with shampoo and conditioner to make sure that all the ingredients are out of my hair.
- Last but not least, I would leave my hair to dry a little and style using a hair oil or hair spray!
The Streets Are Talking
"I was hesitant at first to try this- especially after putting it on (honey in my hair????) BUT THE RESULTS ARE INCREDIBLE. put any skepticism aside! My hair was growing!!!!! so excited to get some more goodies :)"