Hey ladies. Just read all of these comments. I knew this one was coming. I am low porosity too actually and after using strengthening treatments my hair just freaks out. But actually, it's just all part of the process.
1. That's why for us we are NOT going to touch that henna/fenugreek for another four weeks. We are going deep into that moisture as we need to get our balance on. If your hair feels a bit dry this week, it was to be expected. Through moisturizing throughout the week and after a few moisture only wash days your curls are going to pop.
2. If you feel really dry like you are on the edge of protein overload do not use the green tea at all this week. You don't need it.
3. Go through all of your styling products and wash day products. You DO NOT need protein. Especially any conditioner of leave-in with protein. Do not use!
4. There are some LP girls that find aloe vera drying. Mostly as an active ingredient, or as a spray. Definitely skip it and skip coconut oil if it doesn't work for you.
5. If you have combo porosity, your wash day/ moisturizing is a bit tricky. If the areas are large and defined then you can follow a different regimen for each section. If it's too mixed in I say follow low porosity over high porosity, that's safer.
6. This is a process you need to try things to see what your hair likes and doesn't like. you need that information in order to tweak these regimens to your hair exactly. Don't worry if your hair is a bit strengthened this week. We will compare and contrast next week.